Alberta Alumni Association Announces "Notre Dame Alumni Hockey Tournament & Dinner" This Summer!!!
This year’s tournament will be held at the River Cree Casino in Edmonton, July 21-23rd, 2017. All alumni and friends of any skill level are welcome to come play. If you will not be playing hockey but would still like to attend this event, please (REGISTER HERE) to purchase tickets for the Saturday night dinner.
Friday July 21, 2017
10:30 AM -4PM
- Tee times for Lewis Estates (need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up by July 19th)- Golf Course 3 min from Resort – Costs on your own
8:30 PM – 11PM Cash bar Reception at the River Cree Banquet Facility
- Teams, rules and scheduling draw for the tournament TBA
- Team Captains / GM's announced
- Goalie Auction & Calcutta Shootout Signup
Saturday July 22, 2017
10AM – 5PM Hockey Tournament at the River Cree Resort Sports Arenas
- If you miss the Friday night reception where teams and schedules will be announced, please arrive at the arena by 9:30am and be ready to strap the skates on for Team Western, Team Eastern , Team USA and Team First Nations.
- Teams will consist of 15- 22
- Short games 40 mins (Two periods 20 mins)
- Ties settled by shootouts
- Trades may happen from time to time during the games
- There will be a Calcutta Shoot Out-Hardest Shot Contest
- A Presentation will be made to winning team prior to 5pm
6:30 PM – 9:30 PM Dinner, Silent Auction, Speakers and Cocktails at the River Cree Banquet Facility
- The dinner program’s “Fireside chat” will include the following guest speakers:
- Clint Mylymok ’90, Jr. A Hounds Head Coach
- Paul Jerrard ’83, NHL Alumnus and Calgary Flames Assistant Coach
- Gord Sherven ’81, Team Canada and NHL Alumnus
- Jeremy Mylymok ’90, GM of Hockey at Notre Dame
All Proceeds raised in will go towards supporting the Alberta Alumni Association’s Bursary program for Notre Dame Hounds.
The Alberta Alumni Association has announced that this summer’s "HOUNDS HOCKEY WEEKEND" trophy will be named the Bill Mooney Cup. Bill Mooney ’52 who is featured HERE on our Notre Dame Wall of Honour, as well as HERE as a recipient of the Alberta Order of Excellence, was also instrumental in getting Pere Murray inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.
300 E Lapotac Blvd
Edmonton, AB T7X 3Y3
Google map and directions